[Tip] I've got a beef to share with you...

Let your contribution to facilitate the day-to-day our
Forum rules
Read the community rules here. Search before posting. If your question has been solved, please add [SOLVED] in the title of your topic.
Javarod

[Tip] I've got a beef to share with you...

Post by Javarod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm

DeaDBeeF that is.

For those of you that don't know it, DeaDBeeF is very customizable, especially ifn you grab some of the plug ins from the AUR (don't bother with the VU meter, it fails, and doing it manually doesn't work right either). I tweaked the look this time, and I might keep it.

This was done using the Infobar-ng, muscial spectrum and customizabletb (I think I'm using this, it is installed), all GTK2 versions, in addition to the included widgets.

If anyone needs help customizing, just ask

Holmes
Founder
Founder

Re: I've got a beef to share with you...

Post by Holmes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:00 am

hello @Javarod
thanks for indication!
it might be interesting to give an example of how to do...

vlw fwi, Holmes :)

Kibojoe Linux
Minimal, Fast and Elegant!

Javarod

Re: I've got a beef to share with you...

Post by Javarod » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 am

Holmes wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:00 am
hello @Javarod
thanks for indication!
it might be interesting to give an example of how to do...

The basics is easy, just select Design Mode in the View Menu. However, that doesn't come with any instruction, so if you want more than a basic feature replace, it's a lot of trial and error, but I'd be happy to tell someone the steps for what they want to accomplish. This one here is a long list of steps, let me tell you.

Oh, and as you can see, I have DeaDBeeF working, you might remember that when I first installed, I posted on the Manjaro forum that it didn't. There were two problems, one was a plug in setting, it would only play AIFF files until I fixed that, the other is that none of my old playlists that I've been moving from distro to distro work here for some reason.

Holmes
Founder
Founder

Re: [Tip] I've got a beef to share with you...

Post by Holmes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 pm

The basics is easy, just select Design Mode in the View Menu. However, that doesn't come with any instruction, so if you want more than a basic feature replace, it's a lot of trial and error, but I'd be happy to tell someone the steps for what they want to accomplish. This one here is a long list of steps, let me tell you.
thank you for information...;)
It is good for those who want to customize the deadbeef... :D
Oh, and as you can see, I have DeaDBeeF working, you might remember that when I first installed, I posted on the Manjaro forum that it didn't. There were two problems, one was a plug in setting, it would only play AIFF files until I fixed that, the other is that none of my old playlists that I've been moving from distro to distro work here for some reason.
then solved the problem with music player in http://bit.ly/2DAoxoQ?

Kibojoe Linux

Javarod

Post by Javarod » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Sorta solved it, sorta not. The problem was that when I tried to use my playlist, it couldn't find any of the music. While I have sorted out the problems so that I can re-import and play my music, I have lost the use of my old playlists which is annoying.

Holmes
Founder
Founder

Post by Holmes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Kibojoe Linux